Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What the hell is wrong with "natural"?

Okay so I've been thinking a little about all the re-touching that people, and mainly stars, in magazines have gone through in Photoshop. It's sick. I see those magazines everyday in the store and those are supposed to be what I want to look like? No thanks. I'd rather not look like an alien..

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with perfection. It doesn't do anyone any good. And what's wrong with displying a star just as they are? Why does the skin have to baby smooth on a 30 year old? Wrinkles are NATURAL! And natural is the best and healthiest way to go if you ask me. There is nothing more beautiful than natural skin. I can look at old people, the same age as my granny, and think: "Wow, she looks really good." And no, I rarely think that about people that has had some kind of plastic surgery just to enlarge something, whether it be lips, butt or breasts. No. It's the natural old ladies that I think that way about.
And same goes for young people. They don't have wrinkles but instead girls want to make their lips or breasts bigger, or get tanned so much that they look like a chocolate candy version of themselves. It doesn't look good! All of it looks fake. And yes I understand some do it to help their confidence but c'mon!
I'm not the most beautiful person and nor is my confidence super high but at least I've had the god damn guts to accept how I look and actually accept that if people doesn't like me the way I am or look, it's their loss.
It's only half physical you know. The rest is in your head. You have to tell yourself that you are good enough, everyday until it sticks. When it does, you will feel good with yourself. A new pair of breasts won't help your self-esteem unless you've reached that mind-set.
And no, I'm not telling people to stop getting plastic surgery or anything. It's their life and their body, they do what the hell they want with it. What I am saying is that I can not understand why, when people are beautiful the way they are.


Well that's all I had for now.
If you read it through all the way I hope you.. liked it? XD
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment