Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day Two: Something I feel strongly about...

Hmm... I don't know. I guess that would be lying then. Like.. why do we lie? What's the point with it? Almost all lies eventually get exposed and when they do, you hurt the ones you lied to more than you would have had you told the truth from the beginning.
I'm not saying that I've never lied. I have. I just found that I didn't see the point in it after seeing friends get hurt once they found out the truth about whatever I had lied about. To me it's not okay. I've come to have zero tolerance for lying, backstabbing and such. Do it once to me about something you know I think is important and I will probably cut whatever ties I have with you and never speak with you again. Harsh maybe, to some. To me it's how it has to be. I value honesty a great deal, more than much else. It's not okay to lie to me or anyone that's close to me. I don't think it should be okay for anyone to lie to anyone, but sadly, since we're only human, that is an impossibilty. Thanks to the greed, pride, envy and lust of human nature, we lie, we betray and we cheat. I am doing my best to fight that system and I know I'm not completely alone. Others are fighting it just like me, but not even near many enough to make a significant change right now.

For me, honesty should apply at work as well. Apparently or from what I've seen, it does not. Which sucks big time.

I really can't see the appeal with lying anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment