Friday, December 16, 2011

Day Three: A book I love.

This is tough.. I'm sort of a bookworm so I have many books that I love. But I guess I'll go with the ones I've loved the longest. And I say it in plural because it's three books.

It's a series of books called "The Snow Walker's Son" by Catherine Fisher. I first found out about it when I was a kid. My dad used to read them to me and I loved when he did. He's really a storyteller at heart. I still love when he tells me and my brother stories and I think that's a part of him that I will never hate. Anyway, back to the books! The story is set in the north and I always imagine it's like Scandinavia way back in time because there are elements in all three books that will bring your thoughts to the Norse mythologies. In the first book the story revolves around a young girl, Jessa, and her cousin. And these are the two main character that we follow through the books, while they add and loose some along the way.

The books aren't very thick or detailed, but enough to make for some great reading. I've re-read them several times since I was a kid and I probably will keep re-reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment